Below are examples of our work. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a complete list of past, present, on-going, and future projects.
We ask schools to teach children, not raise them. But one Chattanooga educator, who fears struggling public schools have long been misunderstood, is crossing the line and proving that when disadvantaged children are truly supported, the impossible comes into view. - Times Free Press [Joan Garrett McClane (photo by Maura Friedman)]
• County-wide school assessment (k-12) through participation in Chattanooga 2.0 initiative.
• Consulting the establishment of an all-male charter school that will mimic the success of the Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy.
• Co-creation of city-wide mentoring initiative [take12mentor.org] that is in the process of being handed off to United Way and the City of Chattanooga to champion the effort.
• Developing strategies to improve data-driven instruction and decision-making at a Chattanooga-area charter school.
• Developing strategies to improve school families through partnering with local colleges and community partners.
• Participation on the Mayor’s Council for Women.
Forget Archaic Pedagogical Educational Boxes | Elaine Swafford | TEDxChattanooga
• National Mentoring Partnership conference keynotes: NY, DC
• State of TN education conference presenter
• Creation of Middle College High School
• Various keynotes including DAR, ROTARY, United Way, and TVA
• Corporate training on human resource development
• StrengthsQuest training for post-secondary administrative staff at community college
• Creation of adult education program [AHEAD] at local community college
• Keynote at Southern Minority Conference
• Development of mentoring program for african-american male freshman students at local community college [BOSS Program}
• Creation of Diploma Completion Project to assist high school dropouts in receiving their GED and gaining admittance to college